Tuesday, May 20, 2014

And, we're done!

It's late, so this will be brief--but a huge thank you post is coming later, plus the blog acknowledgements for anyone who donated who chose to put their name on their donation.

After fees, my campaign raised $1784.51. (Edit: I forgot about Paypal fees on top of regular fees. The actual amount is $1723.86). I'm thrilled that we made it as far as we did. That puts the sum total of positive projected money at $3035 (Edit: $2974), if I throw in a contribution of $1250.49 (Edit: $2973.36) (I have some spare change somewhere, I'm sure).

Money: $2974
Estimated Cost: $3175

Total: -$201

As I said this weekend, a deficit is somewhat of a big deal, because making my portion of the bargain isn't a number I came up with spontaneously, but a monthly target. I plan to sell some assets and to work as much as I can given my schedule. However, I think everything will work out in the end. Either I will not end up bringing donations with me (I was planning on bringing a beat-up suitcase and leaving it there) or I'll bring a small bag's worth. It really depends on the cost of the lesson plan materials on my syllabus. But anyway, here's what having the money allows me to do:

1) Talk to the school and commit to dates. I'm so, so, so happy about this.
2) Start planning lessons based on what they expect me to do.
3) Figure out my end of the finances.

To everyone who wished me well, even if you didn't donate, you're the best. Thank you all so much. I'll be rolling out the red carpet for my donors in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment