Monday, September 22, 2014

I leave Thursday!

People are surprised when I tell them that the flight from Korea to Phnom Penh is over five hours, and that, when heading east towards Korea, it's run as a red-eye. I don't think that people are uneducated when it comes to the size and scale of various world regions, but it's very possible to forget that there's so much distance between countries, and that hopping to 'Asia' and getting around would be like assuming that San Francisco is next to Baltimore...

I feel ready. I'm not finished; I have a million little tasks to complete and real-life obligations to fulfill before I leave, but I feel prepared to take in the long journey and come out on the other side. I'll be posting regular updates, and probably micro-updates on Twitter as well, so feel free to follow me @mspicone.


1 comment: