Friday, August 8, 2014

Current Financials 8/8

Here's a quick financial update:

Flights and hotels are all set! Visa has also been paid. It was more than anticipated but not by much.

Estimated Expenses

1) Ground transportation from Phnom Penh to Battambang, round trip=$110
2) Transport to and from school=$70
3) Estimated baggage fees* (It would cost over $200 to check a second bag on united for a round trip, and even more than that for the Korean-Phnom Penh part. I do not at this time plan to check a second bag (God help us all...)

If I did check one extra bag just going to Cambodia to deal with school supplies, it would cost $100 + $20/kg. Assuming I could keep it light (under 20 pounds), the total cost would be $280.

4) School Supplies=$250
5) Food/living expenses=$300

Total=$730
Total with light 2nd checked bag one way=$1010

As of right now, I have the following campaign funds:

Me: $540.49
GoFundMe: $201.42

Total: $741.91

I plan to use the scholarship money I receive to mop up any extra costs and pay for the hotel I am staying in in Korea, but I'm very thrilled at how much help I've received! My next steps: obtain some Khmer learning resources, start the visa application process, and start planning my syllabus!



No comments:

Post a Comment